Day 320 me=hawtsawss aka Excellent and Low

So I'm in D.C. for a conference.  I made my way down to the fitness center to hit the treadmill.  Feeling a little better and a little rambunctious.  The treadmill was all fancy dancy with all these programs and virtual trainers and junk.  I like tests.  I like challenges.  I like things with objective measurements.  So I decide to try this Navy Fitness test thing which is to run as fast as you can for 1.5 miles.  This was a really dumb idea.  It is for me one of the cyclical Edwin Moses moments.  The deck of the treadmill was VERY hard.  About midway through the run, my left foot sort of twanged and started hurting.  I think I might have sprained it a little.  Didn't stop me from my craziness...1.5 miles in 12:00, the last part was at 6:40 mile pace which is felt really not bad other than the pounding.  Enh.  My quantitative Navy fitness rating?  Excellent - low.  I like to think that they just shortened it by taking out a few words as in, You are in most EXCELLENT shape, so in shape are you that a very LOW percentage of people can even dream about being in such shape....  OK maybe not, but I can dream....you can't take away the excellent part...

Comments

Popular Posts